Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mmmmm.... Beer.....

I've heard from other women who have had children, that when they were expecting-- the idea of taking a drink of alcohol (beer,wine, etc.) really didn't appeal to them. They "didn't miss it." I'm going on record to say that they're all lying.

I have had no cravings to mention except for that of a good hoppy beer. Then again, any good beer would do just fine.

I will never, of course, put the health of a child behind that of wanting a good pint of beer. So I will wait, and wait. And probably wait some more. I haven't taken a sip since April 13th. That's forty-six days. I'm not even through the first trimester. I'm in a sad, sad, state.

It's important to look after the mental well being of an expecting mother. And so, in order to make myself feel better, I'm placing a sign up list for all those who want to buy me a beer when I can finally drink again. It is on my refrigerator. You can sign up via phone, email, fax, or in person. There are no limitations on space. You may sign up more than once.

No pressure. But I will not like you very much if you don't sign up at least once.

Cheers for beers.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll drink to that!!!

-Marty

Tdec31 said...

So does that mean I should sign you up? You'll be #1, which means you can show up at the hospital with one :) j/k.... really---- I'm not THAT desperate! I can wait until I get home.

scot s w said...

I'll brew you a 5-gallon keg -- your choice. And I won't even ask you to drink it all at once :-)

-Your loving hubby

jb said...

You can sign us up for one. I'm sure somebody down here makes something hoppy.

scot s w said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You are coolness personified, JB and JB. Thanks! -- Trase

Bud said...

You keep up the good effort, Trase. And put us down for a beer. We'll hold a baby shower and the only place you're registered will be Conor O'Neill's
Bud and Pat

Anonymous said...

I would suggest that you sneak in just one along with a good hot curry(substitute spicy food of your choice)a week or so out from the big event. And don't feel guilty about it.

Anonymous said...

Trase;

Gonna drink a couple extra ones for you on my golf trip this week !!
Can hardly wait bump bellies with you at Steve's wedding !!!!!
You are still so special to me !!

John

Kelly said...

Sign me up, baby!. Not sure when we'll be in town next, but you'll be first on our drinks list!!!

Have fun - I was expecting Akiva along the same timeline you're expecting this one. I remember starting to show around July 1 - any bumps yet?

His Daveness said...

Put me down for a beer! ... You're not going to have all of these at the same time, are you? 8^)