Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Peccadilloes

So...

The Democratic governor of New York frequents hookers and resigns. This too, I believe I understand.

But the Republican Senator from Louisiana frequents hookers and doesn't. No comprende.

And the Republican governor of South Carolina freely and annoyingly proclaims his forbidden love for an Argentinian woman, and for the purposes of a final fornication with her, he fled the state under false pretenses without notifying anyone. He does not resign. I guess he didn't break any laws, technically, but I'm somewhat surprised that this did not destroy him.

And the Republican governor of Alaska suddenly decides it's in the best interests of her state if she resigns. While I'm inclined to agree with her, I'm nevertheless surprised by this, too.

I used to understand how these things worked, generally, but I freely confess that I can no longer make any sense of the way Republicans handle these things.

No comments: