Friday, October 24, 2008

Say it ain't so, Joe!

So, maybe I missed this tidbit the first time around... But how fitting is it that "Joe the Plumber" isn't really a plumber. And he isn't really named Joe.

Could anyone sum up the outrageous state of modern politics more symbolically than that? It's ridiculous. It's a cultural problem. The political class, of both parties, has gotten so accustomed to blowing smoke up our asses that I guess nobody's really surprised that this guy is -- well, not quite a fraud, perhaps -- but he is certainly not what he seemed.

This is another symptom of my criticism that Sarah Palin is the ultimate post-modern candidate. The same people who unveiled Palin as though they were launching a product were also responsible for the invention of Joe the Plumber.

Then, we find out that the McCain volunteer who claimed she was assaulted over her bumper sticker IS a fraud, and police are calling the whole thing a hoax.

As the Republican Party retreats to rebuild itself over the next 4-8-12 years, perhaps they ought to focus first on changing their own mendacious culture.

5 comments:

Bud said...

I have heard with some authority, on the other side of the coin, that an Obama volunteer in my county, was struck by a guy who opened his door and got enraged to have her standing on his doorstep.

Anonymous said...

Sarah says she can see Russia from her house. If her house is in Wasilla thats about 800 miles ---if its in Juneau, about 1600 miles.
She sure has good eyesight, because I can't see Canada from my house, 80 miles away.
I can't even see Flushing, Michigan from my house, 1/4 mile from Flushing. But, I can name 3 newspapers I read !!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, when is Sarah's pregnant daughters promised wedding ??? Bet that young father is praying for Sarah's defeat.
If she loses, she can put that shotgun away !!!!

Anonymous said...

She's just another puppet. A stupid cow puppet (but a good looking cow)- it's shameful that women still are appreciated more for their looks than substance.

Bud said...

I can hardly see my toes, and they're only a few feet away. Oh, wait, let me bend over. Oops. Now I fell on my head, and I can see stars but not ---- Russia.