Tuesday, April 10, 2007

God Picks winner of Masters tournament

Johnson [Zach Johnson 2007 Masters Golf Tournament winner], a committed Christian, said:

"It is amazing what God can do. I believe in myself but every now and then you miss a putt and you can get down on yourself but I've had a lot of support."
---
"Being Easter, Jesus was with me every step of the way. I felt Him," Johnson said.


Commentary:This is bad news for gamblers, sports prognosticators, and golfers everywhere. Be careful what you say out there on the course when you miss that easy putt.

==========
======
===

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He should appreciate God's attention this week. God will be busy with NASCAR every Sunday except Mother's day from here on.

Anonymous said...

No wonder things are going to hell in Iraq - God's on the golf course. C'mon, God, put the sticks away and get back go business!

Bud said...

I think Iraq's been turned over to a different force, a darker angel.

scot s w said...

If Zach Johnson was using God as his caddy, isn't that cheating? I thought God enjoyed testing the faith of his chosen people -- just ask Job!

Oh, those other poor shmucks who thought God was golfing with them last Sunday... suckers.