Friday, September 22, 2006

R.I.P. TIPPER; Of the so-called Woods Household, of which she was actually The Queen.




Also known as "HeyYouCat" "Petunia" "Precious" (to her human mother) and "Poozie"; died of liver disease and related kidney failure; age almost-14. She snoozed off into cat heaven on a cloud of gently applied euthanasia, where she expected to get things immediately straightened out to her liking; on September 22, 2006. Her slaves were with her when she died, and are the beneficiaries of her will.

Tipper was born at election time in 1992, and looked so much like Mrs. Gore, that she was so named. Tipper has been described by Pat Woods as, "a crystal bowl cat, not one of those plastic or ceramic bowl felines." She was fastidious and clean. She was never known to have knocked over and broken any vase, glass, lamp or other item, despite logging over a million miles on top of things. She would not eat people food. She never stole, though she loved to reach her paw into empty milk glasses to save the residue from being wasted. She was a conservative by nature and avoided change of any kind.

In her youth, she was an accomplished athlete. She could catch any pull toy or string. She won the International Catch-the-Catnip Prize in 1996. She maintained her svelte, athletic figure all her nine lives. Tipper received a degree in Talking at the University of Cat-man-do. Her speaking engagements were always impromptu, but she could rattle on at length, especially if the subject was herself. She was not a stand-offish cat with people, but she made friends of no other cat, not even her adoptive brother, Albert, who abused her. In her later years, she befriended one dog, "Spirit." Tipper was a very popular Purrsonality. She especially loved human men. Her charms were such that she was once named Miss Michicat.

Many people will sorely miss her friendship. Especially me.
Bud

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tippie was the only cat who ever climbed onto my shoulder without injuring me.

I felt special and privileged when she did.

As a Dad of 2 aging pets, I feel your loss deeply.

Anonymous said...

Bud and Pat,
I'm sorry to hear @ Tipper. My granddog Buddy died a month ago,so maybe they'll meet. He is accustomed to cats as the home he lived in with my daughter had no less than 4 cats. I'm sure you miss him. Pat Chelsky

Anonymous said...

I do want you to know that I sympathize with your loss. I always enjoyed my conversations with Tipper, although she always seemed to get the last word. And like John, I enjoyed her trips over my shoulders.

Her time with you should remind us what's really important in our daily lives. Long after we've forgotten who John Yoo, or Ann Coulter, or Alberto Gonzales were, long after we've forgotten what it was that some pope read from some medieval document I'll remember the skinny little cat that used to greet me when I visited you.

Bob