Sunday, May 27, 2007

Beware what you look at ...

A group of "conservative scholars" has gotten together to identify

The Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries

1. The Communist Manifesto
Authors: Karl Marx and Freidrich Engels

2. Mein Kampf
Author: Adolf Hitler

3. Quotations from Chairman Mao
Author: Mao Zedong

4. The Kinsey Report
Author: Alfred Kinsey

5. Democracy and Education
Author: John Dewey

6. Das Kapital
Author: Karl Marx

7. The Feminine Mystique
Author: Betty Friedan

8. The Course of Positive Philosophy
Author: Auguste Comte

9. Beyond Good and Evil
Author: Freidrich Nietzsche

10. General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money
Author: John Maynard Keynes

Source: CLICK FOR HUMAN EVENTS ONLINE , "Leading the Conservative Movement Since 1944"

(You know, what I don't see on here is My Pet Goat, which has been widely read in some circles. This is a test of your memories. Gold Star to the first one who remembers!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose the next step is to get these evil books banned from all libraries. I myself see this as a challenge to read all of these books, although I might skip #2 and #3. I've read number one, and most of #10. Who are these people? The same mob who have set up the "Conservapedia"???

Bud said...

Yes, I think so, Irene. When I saw this list I thought at first it mnight be a joke, although Mein Kampf should probably be on any bad list. But, no, they mean it.

scot s w said...

What?!?!? They didn't deign to include "The Turner Diaries" ???? That was a pretty bad one, regardless of your political affiliations.

And Scooter Libby's erotic novel should have been on the list, too.

Thankfully, I see that Harry Potter and Charles Darwin have escaped their notice.

And "My Pet Goat," of course, was the book Resident Bush was reading to the kiddies in Fla. when the planes hit the twin towers.