Tuesday, May 01, 2007

SYCMU: Woman held in dog ransom plot at North Toledo bar

Toledo seems to offer an inexhaustible supply of such stories. I don't think there's much I can say to embellish this latest installment in my semi-regular series, "Stuff You Can't Make Up."

Toledo Blade: Woman held in dog ransom plot at North Toledo bar

Hector went on the ride of his life yesterday.

And it’s not one the dog or his owner want to remember.

The long-haired Chihuahua was dognapped and held for $50 ransom. He was bound with duct tape, a broken electrical device, and wires to look like a bomb. And he was thrown through the open front door of his owner’s North Toledo bar.

“It was hard [that] my dog showed up like that. [Hector] was shakin’ and carryin’ on, definitely disturbed,” said Jerry Dalton, 77, owner of Jerry’s Pub. “It was strictly indescribable. My dog, I love him.”


Yes, there's more. It's worth following the link to read the rest.

4 comments:

Bud said...

Hahahahahahaha

scot s w said...

Oh Dear Readers:

What was your favorite part of this story? I'm partial to the tidbit which mentions that the abductor also tried to ransom another dog -- a dog which she DID NOT abduct -- in the same incident...

Okay, let's review the basic principles of dognapping...

Bud said...

Personally, I couldn't get over the image of the people fleeing the bar thinking the dog was going to blow up.

Anonymous said...

Why was there a piece of cheese around the dog's neck?