Wednesday, April 25, 2007

In My Mailbox

1. Our friend Dashman from Flushing sent a quotation from Lee Iococca's book entitled Where Have All the Leaders Gone. At first I suspected that it might be one of those things falsely attributed to someone which was actually put together as an internet propaganda bomb. Snopes, however, says it's legitimate --- and it is fascinating. Read it at Snopes, CLICK HERE

This is an excerpt: "I've had enough. How about you? I'll go a step further. You can't call yourself a patriot if you're not outraged. This is a fight I'm ready and willing to have. My friends tell me to calm down. They say, "Lee, you're eighty-two years old. Leave the rage to the young people." I'd love to, as soon as I can pry them away from their iPods for five seconds and get them to pay attention."

2. Gigi writes to inform everyone that Bill Moyers will be back on PBS. She calls him a voice of sanity, and I agree. If you're not in a tavern somewhere, try to watch it. CLICK HERE

3. Sparty refers me to a story in the New York Times about how OSHA under this bumbling administration has failed the people of America. Read it here: CLICK HERE

This is a brief excerpt: "Since George W. Bush became president, OSHA has issued the fewest significant standards in its history, public health experts say. It has imposed only one major safety rule. The only significant health standard it issued was ordered by a federal court."

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jason said...

The Iacocca comments seem a little bit insincere coming just a year after he was busy campaigning for Dick Devos, unless you believe that Devos is the type of courageous, intelligent leader the he describes.

Bud said...

I agree with you about DeVos.