Sunday, January 28, 2007

GIVE WINTER ITS "PROPS"

Begrudgingly, I take time to give winter its due. It must deserve something besides curses and insults.

Yes, right now, it's beautiful. In Michigan, it can be stunning at times, and watching out the window while the landscape dresses itself in frosting is a pleasant enough activity.

There, now, I've said it. Enough. Time for Spring. I don't mean the dreary gray and cutting weather that my friend Sparty calls "the three months of March," but rather, the bird chirping, warmish, green-bustiing spring.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I suppose I shouldn't send you the pictures of the rhododendron blooming in my front yard right now...You and the missus are always welcome to this temperate corner of the continent.

Anonymous said...

God. I didn't know that the arb was populated by so many WATBs.

Cheer up though. It's only supposed to be colder for the next 2 weeks.

=P


-Marty

Bud said...

I don't know what a WATB is, but if it's insulting, it probably describes us.

Crawford Tillinghast said...

Don't worry there; "WATB" is definitely insulting.

That picture just calls out: "Ski me! Ski me!"

*sigh*

Bugsy said...

Blog abbreviation for Whiney Ass Titty Baby

Bud said...

Yikes!

Well, come to think of it, I guess probably that would be Scot.