Friday, January 26, 2007

SYCMU: World's Tallest Man Saves Plastic-Eating Dolphins

SYCMU stands for "Stuff You Can't Make Up."

I'm going to try to make this a regular feature. I have plenty of examples handy, and seem to run across these stories once a week. These are items not just unusual, but which you almost literally could not make up, even if you had a squadron of B-movie scriptwriters at your disposal.

This is a story from mid-December which I missed the first time around. The way it came to my attention is sort of complex and not a terribly good story, so let's just say it was Providence, and leave it there.

I think the best part of the whole thing -- a detail omitted from the headline -- is that the world's tallest man happens to be a herdsman from Inner Mongolia. I mean, what are the chances!?!?!

AP: 2 dolphins get helping hand from the world's tallest man

No comments: