Thursday, November 09, 2006

ARRIVEDERCI or just "Ciao!"

Old Chip and his wife "Chippie" are leaving for Italy this day, and so you won't have us to kick around for awhile. Here's a couple of parting impressions:

Scot-boy and the angel are in exclusive charge of the Arboretum. What could possibly go wrong?

Classy concession speeches: a. Santorum. Who would have thought he was such a gracious man? b. Harold Ford Jr. c. Rumsfeld.

The House of Reps: I think it's going to be in very good hands. Pelosi appears to have her stuff all together. Compare her to Gingrich and you'll see what I mean.

There is nothing that I know of in George Bush's life that would have prepared me to believe he was capable of such a stunning realization of his problem, or that he would have been able to handle it all with such aplomb. This is the only time I've ever admired his behavior. I think it's a temporary enlightenment for him, but nevertheless, appreciated. Maybe he has an eye on his legacy and is worried that he might look bad in the books.

I think the neocons have been ruined! Forever. I think the voters have slammed the brakes on the slide toward dictatorship.

I wish there were someone less death-like than Harry Reid to head the Senate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow !! This place comes to a screeching halt without Old Chip.
The biggest baddest border battle of all looms a few hundred miles to the south and Old Chip will miss the whole scholarly confrontation !!!!
This old Bronco having been humbled by the other Chips throws his complete support to the mighty
Wolverines vs the Ohio thugs, so my best buddy of 50 years will have a joyous return !!!!
GO BLUE !!!!!!!!!