Sunday, March 18, 2007

COLLEGIATE SPORTS Biz AFFIRMED--Amaker fired


MICHIGAN FIRES BASKETBALL COACH

Why?

He didn't win enough. Says his boss Bill Martin: "But at Michigan we have a tradition of winning Big Ten and national championships and we haven't been close to doing either in a lot of ways.There were moments of delight and success. But we didn't make the NCAA tournament and that was the goal. To that extent, it was a disappointment."
===============

So, this great gentleman Tommy gets (reportedly ... at this time) $900,000 to take a walk. I think some of that is my money.
========
=====
===

1 comment:

scot s w said...

I think he was a good man, and I'm sorry he didn't have more success here. But clearly, mediocrity didnt' cut the mustard. I would have fired him, too.

On the other hand, I've gotten pretty tired of college basketball. I'm all excited about the hockey playoffs (college and pro)