Thursday, March 01, 2007

SYCMU: There's an ass joke in here somewhere

My brief experience with "Stuff You Can't Make Up" has been a pure joy, and in some ways I'm sure we've just scratched the surface here. But as long as I shall live, I doubt I'll find one to top this. We may have to suspend this feature after this one.

In an article which I would have headlined "Latex-encrusted Mick Ass Perv Arrested", we learn of the fate of one Thomas Aloysius McCarney, who recently found himself in a Galway, Ireland courtroom:

A man who was found dressed in latex and handcuffs brought a donkey to his room in a Galway city centre hotel, because he was advised “to get out and meet people,” the local court heard last week.

Thomas Aloysius McCarney with an address in south Galway was charged with cruelty to animals, lewd and obscene behaviour, and with being a danger to himself when he appeared before the court on Friday. He was also charged with damage to a mini-bar in the room, but this charge was later dropped when the defendant said that it was the donkey who caused that damage.


This is just the beginning, I assure you. I highly encourage you to go read the entire story.

(Thanks to BoingBoing for finding this)

5 comments:

scot s w said...

I am deeply, deeply offended that nobody has commented on this post as yet. Because I know a good number of the people who read this blog, and this should be right up their alley.

Not that anyone here has found themselves handcuffed and bound in latex in a Galway hotel room with a goat... But enough about Spring Break '92....

Bud said...

I didn't want to criticize as we have so many Irish relatives this could very well have been one of them.

Anonymous said...

McCarney must be a Republican----Jeez they'll blame anything on the Democrats !!

Anonymous said...

I was the Nanny Mouse in the previous gem of a comment---

Bud said...

Having seen a drunken Irishman up close and many time, I know that the donkey is a definite advance in the drunken Irish phenomenon.I don't think I quite understand the handcuffs.