Monday, October 30, 2006

Post Number 3- I'm on a Roll

I wish, I wish, I wish I had more time in a day to read and write, laugh, and get angry, joke, be philosophical, and just be a smart person in respect to keeping up with this blog. I love it. It makes me happy reading it---- and it is quite the escape from all the stupid crazy stuff I deal with at work. But I just can't get here most of the time.
What is it about starting a school year that exhausts teachers? People have been doing this for ages!--- And yet, there is no way to allieviate the stress and expectations that goes into the daily activities of a teacher.
A new child started my class today. This is his 4th school in 1 1/2 years. He has Asperger's Syndrome and severe reading and writing disabilities. So they brought him to Honey Creek because we have a good success rate for working with kids with his type of learning needs. I really like him. I can't stop thinking about all the things he needs... and I'm so tired. He'll be on my mind when I go to bed tonight- and he'll be there too when I wake up. It's how teachers think--- it's haunting sometimes.
Isn't it a good thing that we have the summers off?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I always found that some of the best solutions to student-related issues came to me in the middle of the night...

Good luck!

Bud said...

You are one of the angels who work so hard in the elementary schools. Good luck with this new student, and with your teaching year.
Bud